I'm pleased to announce the official release of the 2nd Edition of the Ruby on Rails Tutorial screencasts. Use the coupon code 2ndEd to get 20% off through June 28.
Based on the Ruby on Rails Tutorial book, the Rails Tutorial screencasts include more than 15 hours of hands-on instruction that take you through the development of a full, industrial-strength web application with Ruby on Rails.
New in the 2nd Edition
- Fully updated for Rails 3.2 and Ruby 1.9
- All-new design using Twitter's Bootstrap
- Coverage of the new asset pipeline, including Sprockets & Sass
- Behavior-driven development (BDD) with Capybara & RSpec
- Better automated testing with Guard & Spork
- Roll your own authentication with has_secure_password
- An introduction to Gherkin & Cucumber
The 2nd edition includes some free screencasts, and the full series is available for purchase here:
The purchase price is $125 for the full PDF/screencast bundle, but (as noted above) you can use the coupon code 2ndEd to get 20% off through June 28.