Launch of the Ruby on Rails Tutorial 7th Edition
May 31, 2022 • posted by Michael Hartl
Michael Hartl here from Learn Enough. I’m pleased to announce the launch of the Ruby on Rails Tutorial 7th edition! This new edition covers professional-grade web development with Rails 7.
The Ruby on Rails Tutorial is available as an online course and as a part of our All Access Subscription. Details below!
As noted in the 7th edition draft announcement, the material in the Ruby on Rails Tutorial has been quite stable now for several years. This is great because it means what you learn won’t soon go out of date. Nonetheless, there are still some great updates in the latest edition:
- Full compatibility with Rails 7
- Improved integration tests with techniques for breaking long tests into more manageable pieces
- How to use the new Active Storage
variantmethod for resizing uploaded images
renderstatus responses for compatibility with Turbo (see below)
The Ruby on Rails Tutorial is available as a 14-chapter online course with the equivalent of 952 pages of text and 20 hours of streaming videos. The course also includes exercise answers, progress tracking, and membership in a private Slack chat group. There are two main ways to get it:
- Ruby on Rails Tutorial course subscription: $29/month for full access to the Rails Tutorial online course
If you already have an All Access subscription, you automatically have access to the new course—just look for Ruby on Rails (Rails 7) on the Your Courses page. If you have a subscription to the Rails 6 course, you can switch to Rails 7 at any time on the same Your Courses page since the two courses have the same monthly price.
The Rails Tutorial is also available for individual purchase as an ebook or ebook/video bundle:
- The Rails Tutorial ebook (952 pages): Get the full text of the Ruby on Rails Tutorial in PDF, EPUB, MOBI, and HTML formats. We’re offering a launch/upgrade discount of 20% off (expires this Friday, June 3).
- The Rails Tutorial ebook/screencast bundle: Get both the ebook and downloadable video screencasts for one low price. We’re offering a launch/upgrade discount of 33% off to make this valuable bundle more affordable (expires this Friday, June 3).
If you bought the 7th edition after the draft launch in April, check your Downloads page to get the video files and the latest version of the ebook.
Edit: As of November 2022, we no longer offer individual purchases of ebooks/videos. Please refer to our Learn Enough page for available purchase options.
As always, Learn Enough offers a 60-day, 100% money-back guarantee on all purchases (including subscriptions). Also, in case cost is a factor, please consider applying for a Learn Enough Scholarship.